Lung Disease Compensation
Lung disease is serious and it can have a major impact not just on your life but on members of your family as well. There are a number of different lung diseases and the most common as are follows:
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (copd) – a disease that affects the flow of air through the windpipes;
- emphysema – a disease that results in the deterioration of the lung tissue affecting the function of the lungs and resulting in a short breath;
- chronic bronchitis – inflammation of the bronchial passages resulting in coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath
- pneumoconiosis – scarring of the lungs from breathing in harmful dust over long periods of time, for example, asbestos.
- lung cancer
- Asbestosis and Mesothelioma
If you have suffered from any of the above, or any other lung disease, that was not your fault then you can make a claim for compensation against the negligent party. The most common lung disease compensation claims are made against employers as many lung diseases are caused by exposure to harmful chemicals during the course of employment. In these cases the compensation will be paid out by the employer’s insurance company.
The amount of compensation you can claim for lung disease will of course depend on what type of lung disease you have and how serious it is. Typically lung disease claims can be anything from £1,000 to £100,000. The amount of compensation you can claim will be negotiated by our Manchester personal injury solicitors** using principles set out in government guidelines and compensation awards from previously decided cases. In addition you can also recover any consequential loss such as medical bills and loss of income.
If you would like further advice then you should speak with our personal injury solicitors** in Manchester. We will assess your case and make a claim on your behalf on a no win no fee* basis. Please bear in mind that any claim should be made either within three years of the incident that resulted in lung disease or three years from the date of knowledge of your lung disease. Any claim brought outside this time period may become statute barred.
Lung Disease solicitors Manchester
If you have suffered a lung injury and weren’t to blame, our Lawyers can help you claim compensation through our No Win, No Fee* service. Call our Accident solicitors** on 01618855335 or contact us online.