Stress at Work Compensation Claims in Manchester
In 2015/16, a total of 11.7 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, this number has been increasing in recent years. If you suffer from work-related stress in Manchester, our lawyers could help you today. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience with regard to handling employment law cases, experience that is partnered with great care and empathy to provide a truly unique service to claimants.
What Are Your Employer’s Legal Requirements?
If employees have voiced complaints of mentally difficult conditions at work, such as stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia, it is the employer’s responsibility to make several adjustments to accommodate the condition. This could include:
- The reduction of work hours
- The provision of support or supervision
- Reallocation of certain work tasks
- The provision of confidential counselling
For some employees, simple adjustments such as these could allow them to return to their jobs and manage their stress-levels.
Employers Should Consider The Impact Of Stress
It is your employer’s responsibility to manage a workplace where stress is kept to a minimum. If employees’ mental health is not taken into consideration, employers could be in a position where stress at work compensation claims are brought against them. It is within their duty of care over employees to consider the following if stress has been flagged up as a workplace issue:
- Training management on identifying situations where work-related stress is likely, as well as identifying symptoms and helping employees manage it.
- Creating a stress policy. This should make it very clear that it is an issue, and provide employees with guidance on how to deal with the effects of workplace stress, and how to raise these concerns.
- Use return to work interviews after absence. This allows employees to have some one-on-one time with their manager, which allows them to voice issues regarding work-related stress.
- Carry out a mental health audit – asking employees to rank concerns regarding stress at work.
Making A Claim for Stress at Work
If you believe that your employer is letting you down regarding stress at work, then you could be owed compensation. Making a claim with us is straightforward because we understand that you aren’t a legal expert. We cut out the legal jargon and speak to you in a language that can understand, keeping the legal decisions in your hands from the offset.
If you are looking to make a claim, it is important that you gather any evidence that lends credibility to your claim. The likes of evidence of having visited your GP regarding work-related stress, or evidence of time taken off work, will make your claim more robust and could make a difference to the compensation that you are awarded.
Put an end to your employment suffering today, and start a claim. Call our Accident solicitors** on 01615 168 871^ or contact us online.