Compensation Claims for Stress at Work
In 2015/16, a total of 11.7 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, this number has been increasing in recent years. If you suffer from work-related stress in Manchester, our lawyers could help you today. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience with regards to handling employment law cases, experience that is partnered with great care and empathy to provide a truly unique service to claimants.
What Are Your Employer’s Legal Requirements?
If employees have voiced complaints of stress at work-related conditions, such as anxiety, depression and insomnia, it is the employer’s responsibility to make several adjustments to alleviate stress and accommodate the condition. This could include:
- The reduction of work hours
- The provision of support or supervision
- Reallocation of certain work tasks
- The provision of confidential counseling
For some employees, simple adjustments such as these could allow them to return to work and manage their stress-levels.
Employers Should Consider The Impact Of Stress
It is your employer’s responsibility to manage a workplace where stress is kept to a minimum. If employees’ mental health is not taken into consideration, employers could be in a position where stress at work compensation claims are brought against them. It is within their duty of care over employees to consider the following if stress at work has been flagged up as a workplace issue:
- Training management on identifying situations where work-related stress is likely, as well as identifying symptoms of stress and helping employees manage stress
- Creating a stress policy. This should make it very clear that it is an issue, and provide employees with guidance on how to deal with the effects of stress at work, and how to raise these concerns.
- Use return to work interviews after absence. This allows employees to have some one-on-one time with their manager, which will allow them to voice issues with regards to work-related stress.
- Carry out a stress at work audit – asking employees to rank concerns with regards to stress at work.
Making A Claim for Stress at Work
If you believe that your employer is letting you down with regards to stress at work, then you could be owed compensation. Making a claim with us is straightforward because we understand that you aren’t a legal expert. We cut out the legal jargon and speak to you in a language that can understand, keeping the legal decisions in your hands from the offset.
If you are looking to make a claim, it is important that you gather any evidence that lends credibility to your claim. The likes of evidence of having visited your GP with regards to work-related stress, or evidence of time taken off work, will make your claim more robust and could make a difference to the compensation that you are awarded.
Put an end to your employment suffering today, and start a claim. Call our Accident solicitors** on 01618855335 or contact us online.