Building Site Accidents
Make a Claim for a Building Site Accident
There is no doubt about it building or construction sites are one of the more dangerous types of workplace anywhere.
If you consider the hazards of working outdoors, in all sorts of weather conditions, working on ladders and scaffolds and with vehicles, heavy machinery, chemicals and power tools the dangers are obvious. It is obvious too that the potential for serious injury and death is high when compared to many occupations.
However, if you have been a recent victim of a building site accident, either as an employee, contractor or pedestrian, that was not your fault you may be eligible for a personal injury claim with an award that can compensate you for your losses and assist you with the cost of your recovery via our Manchester no win no fee* legal agreements.
Construction industry employers all have to take special measures to protect their workers (including sub-contractors and delivery drivers) and anyone else on and around building sites.
Although construction accounts for just 5% of the total workforce in Britain building sites are responsible for over a quarter of all fatal injuries to employees (27%). The same workplaces also contribute a massive 10% of all reported major workplace injuries in Britain, according to The Health and Safety Executive.
There were 39 building site fatalities in the last calendar year according to The HSE. This is a welcome reduction when compared with an average of 53 per year over the previous five years. Still, it is a very high figure.
An estimated 1.4 million working days were lost in 2011/12, in construction jobs with 818,000 resulting from ill health and over half a million – 584,000 – occurring due to building site accidents.
Though no construction-specific statistics are currently available, according to the HSE, in the North West specifically:
- There were 25 workplace deaths in the year 2011/12.
- There were 2,722 serious injuries recorded in the region in the same period.
- There were also 10,746 injuries at work recorded that required an absence of three days or more.
These local figures underline the need for construction employers to take their Health and Safety obligations seriously.
As well as the more general workplace safety requirements, construction site employers must also:
- Maintain and manage unblocked access to building sites with clear boundaries.
- Prevent any unauthorised access to building sites.
- Keep close control of traffic both on the site and within its surrounding area.
- Keep building sites in good order and free of hazards.
- Protect workers from dangerous substances and chemicals.
- Control and dispose of site waste appropriately.
- Provide legally required facilities for all on-site workers such as toilets and drinking water.
There is also a complex system of notification, risk assessment and inspection reports that construction employers must adhere to under Health and Safety legislation.
While many accidents in the workplace could be the responsibility of the construction company that owns or manages your site, you might equally need to claim against:
- A contractor who is responsible for specific on-site equipment, such as, for example, a crane that causes you injury.
- Your own direct employer (the company that pays your wages) if you are a sub-contractor on-site.
- A company who have injured you while delivering materials to the building site can also be liable for an injury or accident.
- A claim can also be initiated against the supplier of any materials or tools which are not working correctly and subsequently cause you injury.
Here at Personal Injury Claims Manchester Limited we are highly experienced in dealing with building site accidents and the problems they create for clients and their families.
Our experience of building site injury claims has been gained over thousands of cases and clients undertaken over the last 12 years, since we were founded in 2002.
Every year we help and continue to help workers like you who find themselves trapped by the challenging consequences caused by a work-related accident. It is a contribution we are extremely proud of.
In every case our strategy remains very simple: we work with a combination of sympathy, close listening, up to the minute legal expertise and tenacious endeavour on your behalf. We keep it simple because it is a strategy that works and a strategy that can work for you too.
Personal Injury Claims Manchester is a local service provided by Personal Injury Claims Manchester.
At Personal Injury Claims Manchester we have more than a decade of experience of managing claims by thousands of individuals in a vast array of different circumstances throughout the UK.
We work with the best solicitors** in the UK and operate a No Win No Fee service.
Expert Guidance from Beginning to End
Call us today for advice on where you stand. Personal Injury Claims Manchester Limited’s, professional and helpful staff will guide you through every aspect of the claim process. We also ensure that the right, expert, personal injury solicitor** gets to work on your claim specifically and straightaway.
Getting the ‘right’ lawyer is a vitally important factor in deciding whether or not your claim is successful and how much compensation you ultimately receive. Having the right lawyer for the job is the cornerstone of every winning claim we have and it is probably the key component in our winning strategy.
All of our staff, at every level, are fully trained in personal injury management. Every staff member completes ongoing training so that at every stage they are fully conversant with the latest developments in what is a very dynamic area of the law.
When you sign with Personal Injury Claims Manchester Limited you can be confident that we will be armed with the right advice in respect of your personal injury claim and also, the right advice for you and your family when it comes to your recovery and what happens after your case is concluded.
Contact our Specialist Accident Claim Lawyers Manchester
There are thousands of solicitors** Manchester and you need to make sure that you choose personal injury solicitors** you can depend on.
Personal Injury Claims Manchester are:
- Experienced. We have 12 years’ experience handling PI claims – just like yours.
- Free. Personal Injury Claims Manchester Limited offers FREE advice from a first no obligation enquiry.
- Ready To Help. Personal Injury Claims Manchester Limited’s skilful, helpful, empathetic staff operate within a UK based ‘care’ centre. It is a ‘care’ centre not a ‘call’ centre. We handle calls, texts and emails 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Waiting For Your Call. We aim to answer all calls within 10 seconds. Expect to get an email response within a few minutes of making your enquiry.
- Highly Trained. Our care centre staff all receive expert training in handling specialist personal injury enquiries. We are up to date too with the latest developments in personal injury law thanks to our comprehensive and ongoing training programme.
- Reputable and Safe. Personal Injury Claims Manchester Limited is fully regulated by the Ministry of Justice and Financial Conduct Authority.
- Connected. Personal Injury Claims Manchester Limited has long standing relationships within a UK-wide network of specialist personal injury law firms.
But don’t just take our word for it. Our clients consistently confirm that we can be trusted – our testimonials prove that. Here is a selection of some recent feedback.
“The advisers I spoke to were polite and helpful”. Mrs K, South Yorkshire
“I have received excellent co-operation and help”. Mrs F, Hertfordshire
“They were very supportive throughout my claim”. Miss G, Bristol